Much is written about the day my BFF died and the day He suddenly appeared out of nowhere, but what of the day in between; the day between polar opposites, life and death? (Matthew 27 & 28, Mark 15 & 16, Luke 23 & 24, John 19, 20 & 21)
Did His friends…
- Go about their Sabbath business as usual?
- Begin to doubt Him and all He taught them?
- Spend the day in hiding while fearing for their lives?
- Feel abandoned by someone they trusted?
- Feel thankful for the time they did have with Him?
- Spend the day together in shock and grief unable to think beyond what they had seen?
- Cry out in agony, “Why?”
- Begin to doubt themselves and their ability to discern the truth?
- Focus only on the past, not wanting to think of a future without Him?
What of you, what are you thinking on this day in between?