Gun control… there it is, I said it, well typed it rather. A very hot topic in recent weeks with much firing from both sides of the line; a volley of opinions echoing throughout our nation, each thinking their arsenal of facts and opinions are the correct ones. I will say, I do not understand the purpose for military style hardware in the hands of the public, but that is not my thought process here.
Will laws controlling or restricting gun ownership prevent mass shootings such as those in the not so distant past? If that trail of logic is correct then it should apply to any object used as a weapon. However, we do not ban…
- All vehicles after fatal crashes or,
- All knives and other cutting instruments after fatal stabbings and lacerations or,
- All blunt objects (hammers, baseball bats, bookends, lamps) after fatal blows or,
- Our own hands and feet after fatal punches and kicks or,
- All household chemicals (ammonia, bleach, drain cleaners) after fatal poisoning or,
- All swimming pools and bathtubs after drowning or,
- Alcohol after… Wait, we tried that once? I think we call it Prohibition.